Offering customers a promotional code or Coupon?

SafeKeysforKyle
New Community Member

Currently on our company website we have people register through us to start a profile, we are trying to promote our first month free where do I go to set this up?

Help Please!

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Are your customers going to be paying a set, monthly rate?  If so, you might consider looking into using our Subscriptions feature - which can include a free trial period.  There's more documentation regarding this and other features here, under Website Payments Standard: https://www.x.com/community/ppx/documentation#wps

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

booptrax
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question--I saw your answer and follwed the link to the Web Standard section but didn;t see any information on how to install a promotional discount -- my site offers music on a subscription basis & i'd like to ofer a 10 day free trial-any info you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

pltexas
Contributor
Contributor

We have also been wanting to be able to offer a discount or promotion code. We do not offer subscriptions though, so that suggestion would not work.  We need a code or coupon for a sale.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

pltexas,

Website Payments Standard does not have integral support for a coupon code or a sale.  However, you can still integrate a turnkey solution by working in a third party shopping cart with our buttons - check out https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/solutions for shopping carts that offer this service.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

shawHAhaha
Contributor
Contributor

This is a variable under "html variables for shopping carts" in the help sections. Will this work to create a discount code?

Also I cant seem to be able to find info on how to use this variable, If there is a help page on it please send link!

Shaw

discount_rate_cart

Optional

Single discount rate (percentage) to be charged cart-wide.

It must be set to a value less than 100. The variable overrides any individual item discount_rate_x values, if present.

Applies only to the Cart Upload command.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

While I can't advise you directly on how to use this variable, I would recommend checking out the documentation  for Website Payments Standard here might help: https://www.x.com/community/ppx/wps

Adrian

Login to Me Too

CindyOdo
New Community Member

Paypal really needs to make this available. I have 1000s of products on my website and cannot go back and "unhost" them. It is crazy that Paypal cannot figure a way to make this happen. You finally figured out how to do gift certificates although you keep the money, which blows. Get those fine minds in Omaha working on this!!!!

Login to Me Too

Laurette_Willis
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. We have been with PayPal for almost 8 years now and would love to be able to offer discount codes

for our PraiseMoves customers and Facebook friends.

Is there ANY way to know if/as/when PayPal will be offering this? We do not want to go through another

carrier and implement into PayPal -- we prefer to stay with PayPal all the way!

Thank you for your consideration.

Laurette Willis

PraiseMoves.com

Login to Me Too

RachelC
Contributor
Contributor

I agree!  This would be a wonderful option for paypal to include.  I would much rather stick with paypal all the way instead of look elsewhere for a third-party service which might not have the same level of service and reputation I've come to trust with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.