Auto Sweep vs. Settlement Withdrawl

jleach
Contributor
Contributor

What is the difference between the auto sweep option in the profile and settlement withdrawals on the withdrawal page?  And why are there two choices.  I have set up settlement withdrawals and after one hiccup on day one, it seems top be working.  However, auto sweep states its not set up on our account - so they MUST be independent.  But which should be used????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jleach,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

They are independent features.

Auto sweep is a simple automatic withdrawal process that only withdraws funds to a bank account every day.  I would say it's primarily designed for consumer sellers and other small merchants.

Automatic Settlement withdrawal is something only available to high volume merchants and typically those merchants using our Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal products.  It does include more settings than auto-sweep.  If you have access to both, I would recommend using Auto Settlement withdrawal.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.