Anyone else getting "api access is disabled for this account" Paypal Pro

QuietHeadphones
New Community Member

I opened a tech support ticket yesterday (17 hours ago at this time) when a customer alerted me that he couldn't buy on my store (www.quietheadphoens.com). The error message from Paypal is "api access is disabled for this account."

Support said it was "This is currently a known issue that our engineers are working on getting resolved."

SEVENTEEN HOURS of lost sales and still not fixed.

Sorry, https://www.thepaypalblog.com/2010/12/update-on-paypal-site-status/ but all is not well with my API!

Anyone else experiencing this?!?!?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

QuietHeadphones
New Community Member

Added note. I'm just a small business, but yesterday 9 people hit my checkout page and ZERO made it to compleated order. That's about $1,000 +/- I lost because API has been down for 17+ hours.

Login to Me Too

equalizer
New Community Member

Same here!  I called many times, got as high up the management chain as I could, and still got a response of "yes there's a problem, no we don't have an ETA for you, no we will not call you to give you updates as we go".

As far as I can tell it is not a tech issue but something to do with the Wiki Leaks hacking attacks.  But I see many other merchants are up.  I am going to switch to using Standard for now because I believe this could be down for many days if it is a legal concern.

Login to Me Too

charms
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. I was trying to get my API password and credentials and keep getting an error message

Login to Me Too

npd1164
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is happening to one of our sites too!  So far, no luck on responses from PayPal!

Login to Me Too

gold80
New Community Member

Don't even mess with trying Standard. I am in the middle of a business launch and we were using Standard and the same API message has occurred for the last 2 days. Just so you don't waste your time. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon as we too use this as our primary method of checkout.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.