API Signature Code & API Certificate

Contributor
Contributor

I have two different shopping carts on the same website. One requires an API Signature Code and the other requires an API Certificate. How can I get both? Paypal's API Access setup allows one or the other but not both.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

jnord24
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to setup ZenCart to use PayPal and it requires an API code.  I went under my paypal account, under the profile, and there is no API option under Account Information. I have only PayPal Security key.

I am using a paypal personal account.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

newuser
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

I found this post explaining how to get the Signature but am hesitant to delete it until I know if it's still valid.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/Need-an-API-username-password-and-signature/m-...

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I guess I haven't made myself clear.

I have no problem getting an implementing an API Signature Code or an API Certificate. The problem is I need an  API Signature Code for a ZenCart installation and an API Certificate for a OsCommerce cart and the PayPal API access does not have a provision to allow both.

My question is what is the work around to solve that dilemma?

Login to Me Too

newuser
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a message to Support asking that question.

I have an OsCommerce site using the API Certificate and I also need the API Signature Code for a new ZenCart site.

I will post their response here when I get it.

The only work around I can think of would be separate accounts. My wife has a separate account. I could use her's if I have to.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

That would be great if you would do that and thank you.

I also was thinking that perhaps two accounts was the way around the problem. I would rather not do that but if that's the only work around so be it.

Again, thank you.

Login to Me Too

jnord24
Contributor
Contributor

As I stated, unlike the person in that post, I do not have any options for API under the area described in that post.

Login to Me Too

newuser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi jnord24,

I have " Request API credentials " listed under Security key near the bottom of the list.

I believe you need a Premier or Business account with Website Payments Pro and/or PayPal Express Checkout to have it listed. It's been a couple of years since I set up my Business account with Website Payments Pro so I'm not positive.

Sorry I don't have more info.

Login to Me Too

newuser
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

I just thougt I'd let you know I'm still waiting for a response from support.

I'm not leaving everybody stranded.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.