How to implement a PayPal API Credentials script on your web server?

buzbybixby
Contributor
Contributor

I looked all over the net and this forum for this and can't find simple complete instructions on this process. Can some please help? All I am asking is how to implement this procedure. (PS I have been to the "Developer Network", seen some pages on how to test this in sandbox but it does not answer my specific need)

My problem; I have recently hired a coder to create a custom php script for my PayPal buttons, he completed the script but unfortunately, he only partly explained how to use it with Paypal.

The script is for a PayPal button on my webstore to securely reference a discount offer I want to give my customers from a php file stored on my serve rather than hard code the offer on an unencrypted button and place it on the webstore page.

What I have done so far: I have created my API username, password, and signature from my paypal account and entered it into the script.

I now need to know;

1. Where would I place the paypalbutton.php file on my web server? Does it go in the root, does it go in a secure file? (I have read you should not place your credential information in the root directory)

2. How do I create the html on my paypal button on my webstore page to access the script?

I have the script and partial instructions if some one would like to view it.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

buzbybixby
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

1. This is fully up to you. PayPal has no requirement to this at all.

2. This would depend on the script.

Would you mind logging a ticket with us, Merchant Technical Services, at https://www.paypal.com/mts/

Please include any links to script(s) you're using, the link to your store, what you want to accomplish and what you've done so far.

Feel free to put in a FAO for Robert and I'll reply to your ticket when I return to the office on Monday.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.