Scam

Sophie_Skidmore
Contributor
Contributor

So I was looking on Depop and found an item that I was interested in. I asked many questions about the item and decided that I would like to purchase it. They asked me to send it directly via Paypal as there are no fees that way. When sending the money via Paypal I clicked the friends and family option as i was convinced to do so in order to lower fees. As such, I sent the £155 via friends and family.

However, I was scammed and the product does not exist. They have put the same product with the exact same photos up again on Depop. Also, the name on the Paypal came up different to the name on Depop - on Depop their name is Elise Applebee but on Paypal it came up with Jack Right after transaction.

Paypal only let me open a case for unauthorised payment as it was via the friends and family route. I have photos of the original item post and messages discussing the transaction - including her saying that she would send track packaging.

Please help me as i am really upset and feel violated being scammed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.