Paypal link on Charity web page shows expired

JonW1961
New Community Member

Hi, Community.  I am admining a facebook page for the British Cave Rescue Council (BCRC) we are heavily involved in the rescue of the boys in Thailand. I have a "Donate" button on the facebook page and this used to point to a paypal page that allows interested parties to donate as they wish.  The link has on two occasions when click take you to the Paypal page, but it says "The Paypal page your trying to access has expired" (or similar words).  Well the paypal page is still live and can be accessed via the BCRC web site, so I am not sure what is happening, can any one help / advice.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Try deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files, history, cache, etc., then close the web browser, reopen it and retest your button.   No guarantees but, old cookies and temp files can cause unexpected results and this is something you can easily do yourself.   Usually when a page has expired, it's basically been timed out (it's still there but, your old cookies and temp files are probably not being cleaned up or deleted when you close your browser.)

Login to Me Too

JonW1961
New Community Member

Thank you Green Gear, will give it a go now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.