Paypal Website Payments Pro - express checkout button - stopped working with bigcommerce website

automoto
New Community Member

Hi,

I have been using Paypal Website Payments Pro for a long time.

Suddenly a paypal button disappeared from our bigcommerce website www.automotobookshop.com.au.

I contacted bigcommerce and received following response:

I am reaching out from BigCommerce senior support because it seems that you are having issues with the Express Checkout button is missing. I have reviewed the functionality of PayPal Website Payments Pro and it appears that Express Checkout was not a native functionality of this gateway. In order to have express checkout you can enable this and sign in with a PayPal business account. I would also like inform you that PayPal no longer recommends or sells PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) to new merchants and we are no longer making updates to this gateway. I would recommend taking a look at gateways such as PayPal powered by Braintree as this will include both credit card transactions as well as PayPal transactions. "

So at the moment I enabled Express Checkout as well as Payments Pro, so that people can pay with credit card via credit card form through Payments Pro, however they also have the option the use Paypal Express Checkout.

Is that truth that the express checkout functionality / button is no longer supported by paypal website payments pro? Or did I just loose that express checkout button in bigcommerce due to some template issues or some other problem related to bigcommerce and not to Paypal?

Is there any advantage to switch from Paypal Website Payments Pro to Braintree and would this support the express checkout button on our bigcommerce website (or do I still need to turn on the Express Checkout)? I checked this comparison: https://comparisons.financesonline.com/paypal-payments-pro-vs-braintree but I don't really see any advantage in Braintree comparing to what we have now.

Thanks

michal 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.