PayPal versus Stripe

jimbo2021
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to contact PayPal. So I am dropping a line here to let PayPal know that because of PayPal's inflexibility, they are losing business. I own an online business and initially used only PayPal to accept client payments. But because my service is inexpensive ($20 on average per client), my PayPal charges are high (4.4%). Worse, PayPal's user interface makes my clients think they have to open a PayPal account in order to pay me. Several clients complained about this. It made me suspect that PayPal's attemtps to recruit my clients as PayPal clients was driving some of my business away. So we added Stripe as a second way for cleints to pay us; clients can now pay us via Stripe or via PayPal. Ninety prcent of our clients choose tp pay us via Stripe day after day, week after week. We only keep PayPal for clients who for some reason like PayPal. Otherwise, we would stop using PayPal.

We would like to drop PayPal. We would be willing to keep using PayPal if PayPal would lower its fee and provide a a user interface that does NOT try to make my clients think they have to open a PayPal account.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.