Making a credit card charge on an invoice based upon a recurring payment authorization

kalongoodrich1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a paypal business account, and a client which has authorized recurring charges against his credit card, with all information provided to me.

Am I able to create an invoice within Paypal, not have it sent to him, then I use his credit card to pay that invoice, then send him the record of the invoice being paid.

If so, how would I do this?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kalongoodrich1,

Thank you for your post! It's not permitted to take credit card information for payments without one of the products that is designed for that purpose, such as PayPal Here or Virtual Terminal. PayPal Here is meant for transactions in person where the card is present, and Virtual Terminal allows for transactions over the phone. Please take a look at the information I've linked to learn more about those products.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.