pay pal on gunbroker

henry167
New Community Member

Can I use pay pal on gun broker?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

confuseduser2
New Community Member

Be very careful what items you accept paypal for. My account is permanently closed due to selling a few personal items on gun broker. I called and explained that I was fully unaware of these (new?) terms and conditions, and I didn't intentionally break any rules by allowing gun broker to promote paypal as an acceptable or preferred payment method. I also questioned why I was being shut down when there are a very large number of other people already doing this, for much longer than me. I also questioned why gunbroker was allowed use paypal branding and suggest paypal as a payment method if it was unacceptable. They made it seem to me like it was the standard preferred method. Paypal did a great job of continually referring back to the "terms and conditions". They also made it very clear that the 'terms and conditions' also stated that this would prevent my account from ever being able to be reopened. Simple fact is that most paypal customers don't read the full 19 pages of terms and conditions. If they do, the soon find it takes a law degree to fully comprehend or understand the extremely ambiguous jargon in the terms and conditions which are CONSTANTLY changing, and always designed to protect the corp, never the consumer.

So I read the current terms and conditions, way different than what I agreed to, however, the terms and conditions indicate that you are also agreeing to all future changes to the terms and conditions. Standard to all TOC's. So I cant say that I didn't use the system, which counts as agreeing. All I can say is that I was misunderstanding what I was agreeing to. 

Point is don't accept Paypal unless you are willing to let them 'hold' your money as they see fit, reverse transactions, temporarily or permanently, as they see fit, or outright close your account and notify you YOUR OWN MONEY is not available for 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! (They have put a 6 month hold on my money, $300.00, even the portion generated from selling t-shirts on eBay)

I used to love Paypal. I have always helped encourage others to see the good side of it. Many many people I know have been 'mistreated' by Paypal. I have always held on to hope that it truly was a reputable company offering reliable services. Now I feel like I am extremely gullible and was once again duped by my nature to trust a large company to handle my finances.

Login to Me Too

jtkmoonroofs
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing just happened to me recently. Gunbroker allows paypal to be a check out method on firearms. Didn't know this was an issue until I was permanently banned without warning. Now that I have reviewed Paypal's AUP I would certainly follow if it they un-restricted my account, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that will happen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.