Very elaborate Scam being operated inside PayPal!! PayPal fails to respond. WARNING!! Beware!!

wantiques1
New Community Member

I believe there is a sophisticated scam being operated inside Paypal.  Unfortunately, Paypal and their lack of business contact makes this impossible to report and the Scammers know this!!!    🤔

The Scam.   

The scam operates, I believe (someone or group working inside Paypal) or having access to Paypal accounts and the resolution centre.  The scam begins by making a false claim between a buyer and a seller.  This takes place three months later after the goods have been sold and delivered.  The scammers know that Aust Post tracking only stores information for up to three months - Aust Post confirmed goods were delivered as the parcel was insured.   

My wife sold an item through ebay and when checking the tracking buyer had received the items. 

Three months pass and no contact between buyer and seller. 

Paypal then sends a notification that there has been dispute placed on the transaction - stating items have not been delivered, cannot confirm.  

My wife supplied tracking information which did at the time state it was delivered contradicting their claim. 

My wife contact the buyer who stated that her Ebay account had been hacked and she cooperated to state that items have been delivered to her and she is happy with the transaction.  This information from both parties was supplied to paypal resolution centre.  Also, eBay has message system that confirms the buyer had received their items and eBay confirmed parcel has been delivered with tracking number.  

Both my wife and the buyer (the one that Paypal was making the claim for) supplied plenty or supporting evidence stating they wish to drop the claim. 

PayPal (or the scammer inside Paypal) have ignored all the evidence over the time period.  

Paypal ignored all the information persisting goods not received (even though buyer provided more statements and evidence items have been received) and copy of the Aust Post receipt was uploaded to Paypal.  

My wife woke up one morning has just lost over $475 AUD taken from her bank account.   

How the money was taken.  

The money was taken alongside another separate purchase transaction, like it were "piggy-backed" alongside another separate payment.  The full transaction details do NOT show up on the piggy-backed payment.  The purchase was $12 AUD, but Paypal took the entire amount $12 plus $475 AUD.  My wife contacted the company she purchased the $12 item, they stated they only received the $12 payment and nothing extra.  

So you would think that is it and Paypal has resolved the claim!!  WRONG!! Think again.  

The dispute inside her account states it is still unresolved inside resolution centre.  Thank god my wife has reported the scam to the bank who have placed a stop on the Card. Trying to report this to Paypal is impossible - I believe the scammer's are using Covid to take advantage of Paypal lack of any customer service communication. 

So, I think as a unresolved claim Paypal (internal scammers paypal) are planning on taking another $475 as the case is still open, although the money is gone from her account. 

What I would like is to Paypal to contact me or my wife (who has lost faith, given up) and ready to close her account and never use this paypal system ever again.  

I do quite a lot of trade on Ebay and would like Paypal to reassure there payment system is safe.  

Very concerned ebayer, 

Cheers

Jason  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.