Scam Artist from France

edjrwinnt
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an order from my ecommerce website www.pro-molddirect.com a while ago and the customer said the parts were scratched/damaged and some parts were missing. Instead of contacting me directly, he went straight to PayPal and filed a dispute. I offered, through the PayPal dispute process, to have UPS pickup the parts by issuing a call tag and then when I get the parts back, I would refund all of the money for the order.

The order was shipped to California but the customer supposedly forwarded the order to France. He wanted me to pay for the return shipping charges from France! I told him I would only pay for the return shipping costs from where the order was delivered to in California. The customer goes on to inform PayPal that he will return the merchandise and upon return I agree to give the credit.

About 2 weeks letter I get an envelope that has 4,50 EUR on it for the postage, and it has a tracking number on it that has the tracking number and "Republique Francise" on it. In the envelope is a pink blank piece of paper and that is it. Nothing else. It took me a day to figure out what was going on and that I was getting scammed by this same guy from France. The customer sent me a traceable envelope to show that he returned the merchandise. UPS clearly documented with the tracking information that I sent that the package weighed 13 pound. You cannot get 13 pounds of anything into a regular, letter sized envelope. I took pictures of the piece of paper with the envelope and emailed them to the PayPal resolution center per the instructions I was given when I called PayPal.

Now PayPal wants me to go through the trouble of filing a report with either the police, or some other government agency, to show that there was no merchandise in the envelope that I received.

I have accepted PayPal through my ecommerce website for many years, and have done hundreds of thousands in transactions with not a single problem until now. I cannot believe PayPal is making me jump through hoops over a $150.00 in what clearly is a scam.

Thank you.

<removed>
Post edited by Moderator to comply with Community Guidelines.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

that's just formality,Paypal will then give you back your money. 

Login to Me Too

edjrwinnt
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you nevadasmith. I hope so! 🙂 I hate getting ripped off even if it is a smaller transaction. The next one may be a lot bigger.

Ed <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.