Potential overpayment scam for art commission?

wdhb2111
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, I'm an artist who is new to selling online. I recently agreed to drawing a portrait for someone on Reddit. Since it's a rule of that specific subreddit, I anticipated to give the drawing away for free. However, once I completed it, the customer offered paying me because they were extremely happy with the finished piece. This has happened a few times in the past and I'm always happy about unexpected payment. The customer asked for my Paypal and send 800 USD which was far more than expected and far more than appropriate. I have not withdrawn the money yet. When I log into my Paypal account, it says that he added a note. It says that the money is for a camera he bought from me. In Reddit private messages, he asked if I could help since he needs to replace parts of his bike. I already said that I can't help with that and I'm now waiting for a reply. I want to know if this sounds like a typical overpayment scam. Thank you!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.