How to refuse refund requests for services (buyer is in bad faith)

pearldg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I offer content writing services and I have this client who I think is trying to get free work from me.

First, he asked me to deliver a 2,500-word article. We already went through the initial round of revisions and he already checked the article. He then told me to help with research and I did at no cost. After a while, he said he rewrote the whole thing and said that my work was poorly written when he had already reviewed it previously and asked me to do additional research that is not part of the contract and I did it for free. 

Now, he hired another writer which I think wrote a similar article but is slightly different. The article had numerous grammatical errors and told me he will request a refund if I didn't edit the work done by the other writer. Now, take note that he acted as if the work done by the other article was was mine as if I wouldn't notice. And in which case, I should be able to edit it. And when I said that I recognized that it isn't my work he threatened me with a refund request. 

On my part, I said I'll oblige to refund the payment if my work is really poorly written. However, in this case, I know he's just trying to get free work as I've already done more than enough for him and he thinks he can get away with it. 

Is it possible to receive protection from Paypal against buyers like this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.