Help! Fraud!

Temp20201027a
New Community Member

So it has been nearly one year to the date now that I was forced to sell my MacBook computer which I loved dearly I need eBay in order to make my rent payment and not lose my housing. I listed the item and was approached by A bidder. She offered if I would reduce the price $100 she would buy it now. She did. I took an Uber to the post office to send it right away I was that grateful. About five days later I got an email saying that it was great better than expected and everything was wonderful and then a few days later I started getting emails about the keyboard not having a good tactile feel. Then it changed and became about liquid damage. There was no damage. I only owned the machine about two months. It was my personal computer. The buyer started insisting on a $300 refund. They already reduce the price of this $100 and it was valued at nearly $500 more on eBay than similar items. She got an amazing deal because of my bad luck but wanted more. She started a dispute in ebay and I was subject so some truly nasty emails and harassment. I have even been sent picture of a gun and threats. I never got the money because of the dispute. Several months later i heard back from eBay. There is absolutely no basis whatsoever to the buyers claim and we find in your favor you will get payment in full. When my payment info arrived from PayPal $300 was removed by PayPal. I won the dispute. Well apparently having seen that she was not winning her false claim with eBay she managed to dispute it with PayPal and did so at a time when my phone was shut down and my access to the internet was as well (all back to the fact I sold my laptop but didn’t get paid). Even though the instructions say if there is a dispute you can file with eBay OR PayPal (not both) this person tired to get another $600 from my account. I have had nothing but problems and difficulty ever since and my eBay account is suspended because that I am a 20 year eBay member, I was charged final transaction fees of over $100 for the laptop, even though my payment wasn’t made to me for almost 3 1/2 months after the sale, and when the payment was finally made to me it was short $300. eBay will not help me, PayPal will not help me, they said that a notification went out and I had seven days to respond to it but I didn’t do it in a timely manner so they found against me. That is grotesquely unfair and to me it’s just wrong.  I have logged over 160 hours on hold since this whole mess started. Does anyone at PayPal care to do the right thing? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.