Dispute filled under false allegations.

Shayray35
New Community Member

My roommate filled a dispute against me about 30 days after transaction. I responded to the dispute thinking it would put a stop to it since I talked to my roommate and he claimed it was paypal its self who must have done it. It's clear to me he lied  and did what he could to scam me out 9f the money. Now I'm in debt $175. How is this even fair? PayPal has made it so easy for anyone to file a dispute on faulty allegations and get the money back even if it is a scam. What can I do about this? Without a paper trail or photos / videos, I feel like I'm **bleep** and have to pay his debt.. I need help figuring this out the best I can. I've responded to dispute but I made it pretty brief and I'm worried I'm going to be stuck paying this off when he is scamming people. I am not the only person he has done this to. The case is closed but I refuse to believe anyone can scam like this and get away with it.  Please help. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shayray35 

Difficult to advise if you don't even say which dispute you opened and what the payment was for ie selling goods/services or a gift payment via friends/family.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.