Collaborating with Friend on Ebay Selling

Htx101
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Friends.

I want to sell Ebay items cooperatively with a friend.

I’m trying to help him with Ebay sales without jeopardizing my sales records or financial institutions.

Likewise, he wants to protect his existing financial institutions but does not have a Paypal account of his own.

Therefore:

I am creating a new, shared Ebay account.

To accept payments, we must attach a verified Paypal account.  However, I do not want to grant access to my friend to use the financial institutions of my existing Paypal account, so I would like to create a new Paypal user account … is it possible to limit a Paypal account to ONLY accepting payments? 

Does Paypal allow accounts that ONLY Accept funds, not pay out?   How do I set this up?

Rationale:  My friend won’t necessarily have direct access (password) to this new Paypal account, but I don’t want him to inadvertently commit *my* banking institutions to purchases he could *accidentally* make while using the wrong ebay identity.  ~ He’s older and I can imagine this happening.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Htx101

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

In the U.S paypal accounts send and receive payments, you can't restrict an option.

If paypal finds out that you are allowing another access to a paypal account in your name then it will be limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Htx101
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, Kernowlass.

@kernowlass wrote:

@Htx101

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

In the U.S paypal accounts send and receive payments, you can't restrict an option.

If paypal finds out that you are allowing another access to a paypal account in your name then it will be limited.

Thus we have the key question:
What would you do in my shoes??  How would you solve the problem?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Htx101

I would act as a mentor and advisor and would not dream of letting someone access my ebay or paypal accounts  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Htx101
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  It's more complicated than that as I have a financial incentive.  If I sell his items (do the legwork), he's giving a substantial amount of the value to me, but inasmuch as they are in his possession until a transaction completes, I want him to be able to access the ebay account to know how/when sales occur.

But no, I do not want to give access to MY accounts, I would rather set up something low risk between us - if there's a model/strategy for that.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

This type of business seldom have happy ending.

either he opens his own paypal account and sell with his own ebay account

Or HE can consign his merchandise to you and you sell for him and earn commission.

two sellers is one too many. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.