creating a us paypal account w/o an us cellphone number

Euryal3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

my girlfriend has a problem. she needs transfer money from one us bank to another us bank. she is us citizen, but born and lived her full life in germany. we searching for it and one of the easiest ways for that is paypal. she has a german paypal account, but the customer support in germany said we need an us one and yes we can only add german banks here :(. is there any possibility for her to create an us paypal account or add an us bank to her german account for transfering money w/o currency exchange from us to us bank. the problem with creating an us account is no one has a us cellnumber here, we have only german cell phone number. if there is no possibility maybe someone can explain other service to transfer money from us banks.

kindly regards,

Euryal3

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Euryal3 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Euryal3 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can however add a U.S bank account (not card) to 'most' other countries paypal accounts. This is because paypal is a U.S company and so allows this.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Euryal3
Contributor
Contributor

1. can u explain how? when im in my/her german paypal acc and wanna add a new account i have to choose between german banks only.

2. after adding the us bank account can u recharge your paypal account with us dollars, cause our balance is in euros and im worried that we double exchange our money then.

3.can u even send then money from a german paypal acc to an american bank?

if anyone can awnser these question i would be really happy. thanks in advance.

kindly regards,

Euryal3

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.