Why did I have to confirm my account?

David_heath
New Community Member

All I wanted to do was pay a bill on behalf of my sporting club, using the club's credit card. I've done this plenty of times, but now I have to go through the entire process of uploading various 'proof' documents to validate a PayPal account I have zero intention of ever using.

I don't understand what has changed - just about every web site I've used that has a PayPal option has the chance to bypass any kind of validation and simply offer the card details. But not this time...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @David_heath 

Thank you for contacting community. 

I understand you're not happy to go through the security check before paying for the transaction. I appreciate your feedback. However, as a payment platform it is important to maintain balance and security across the platform so that you don't run into any issues. If the system feels that there is a need to verify certain details before letting the transaction go through then it stops or asks for additional verification. If you have a particular concern in the account, you can contact us through message center or call us. 

Thank you

Punith 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.