Persistent shipping address problem

WheelchairGirl
New Community Member

I removed an old shipping address from my paypal profile months ago. Yesterday I purchased an item from a seller's website through paypal and the shipping address defaulted to that old one. I checked my profile/address book and the old address was definitely not listed there. Any idea what is going on? I have never purchased from the site or given them my information in the past. Has anyone else experienced this? I entered my actual shipping address on the seller's site and didn't catch any confirmation with the old address until receiving the order confirmation email from the seller. Has anybody else had this problem? Again, the address the order was shipped to had not been listed on the paypal account for months. How is this possible? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @WheelchairGirl

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. This sounds like it could be an old gift address that is stored in the background of your account and it was selected when checking out. 

I would advise contacting the merchant regarding your delivery if you cannot collect your order from the old address. 

However, in order to ensure any old gift addresses are cleared from your account, I would advise getting in touch with us directly. 

To contact our customer service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

I hope this helps, have a nice day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.