I want to close my PayPal account but I have a balance of 8 cents in the account.

Chevboy28
New Community Member

I want to close my PayPal account but I have a balance of 8 cents in the account. It says to transfer the money but requires a minimum of $15 to do this. I don't care about the 8 cents and I do not want to put more money in this account, how do I close it?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

GLlama
New Community Member

Yes, I totally understand because I have zero in my account and can't close it.  I have tried numerous times and ways to do so and, finally, totally exasperated, I called their phone number.  The fellow I spoke to also had problems closing my account.  After some time and many attempts, he told me my account was closed.  Guess where I am writing this message from?  Something is up with these people.  I have never had problems like this before.

Plus, they're going to charge me $20 for not closing my account.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chevboy28 

Send the money to a charity or a mate?

If not then the only way it so get a friend to use the friends/family option and send you funds to make it up to the withdrawal amount.

As long as they don't use a card to fund it then it would be free.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.