Cant verify address because I moved country
When I lived in Australia, I made a PayPal account. Some time later I moved to New Zealand. Paypal then locked my account and wants me to prove my identity. It wants to see proof of address. But I cannot change the country to New Zealand on the form. I also cannot call PayPal because their numbers are barred. Please help
Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.
Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.
1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- I cannot link my UAE Bank Account, and also i cannot edit or add my address, please help out in Wallet Archives
- Idiocy and Regrets in Managing Account Archives
- PO Box Change of Address in Managing Account Archives
- How do I change my address on Paypal? in Managing Account Archives
- How to recover account with no access to email or phone in Managing Account Archives