Can I use PayPal without a SSN

c0der123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was told I can't send or get paid if I don't put  my SSN in my PayPal account but is there any other docs I can use other then SSN or a passport?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Chase

Hi @c0der123,

Thank you for your post!

While it isn't required to add your SSN to your account, it can limit the access you have to certain products and services. Due to regulations, we collect pieces of information to verify your identity. You can see the different documents we accept for this here.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

c0der123
Contributor
Contributor

You tell me I can't get a check from PayPal in the post mail without a SSN or bank account?   

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Chase

Hi @c0der123,

Thank you for your post!

In order to withdraw your funds by check, you would need to have a confirmed address and a confirmed bank account. A SSN may not be required in order to withdraw your funds via check, but the account must be verified at a minimum with those two pieces of confirmed information. 

I hope this helps!

Chase

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

c0der123
Contributor
Contributor

I Was told over the phone I CAN withdraw without a SSN with a check no bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@c0der123 

Paypal Chase is a moderator and so his information is much more accurate than a 'call centre agent'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BryanHiggins
Yes u can
Login to Me Too

c0der123
Contributor
Contributor

Do you need a bank account for this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.