Update account information - EU regulations

Dolphi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

about a week ago we receive this email from PayPal:

We need to confirm some of your account information or collect further
information. Please complete this by 06/09/2011. If you don't do so in
time, PayPal is required by EU regulations to limit access to your account.

The next time you log in to your PayPal account you’ll be guided through
a process to collect the necessary information.

After I log on I can see this screen:

Why do I need to provide additional information about my account?

We require additional information about your account for the following
reason(s):
#

8 Jun 2011: EU regulations require that we collect and confirm your
account information by 23/07/2011.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-334-844-812.)
#

3 Apr 2011: EU regulations require that we collect and confirm your
account information.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-266-441-125.)

There is no link or button, also there is no case in resolution centre. I already wrote to PayPal 6 days ago with no answer. Does anybody have the same problem? If so, how did you sort it out? How can I provide the required informations?

Thanks

Dusan

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

AnfiUK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dusan

I have been experiencing much the same lack of meaningful correspondence. We are a Club and have had a business account with PayPal for over 10 years but I have only taken over the PayPal operation in the past two months and remember the difficulty of changing the name from my predecessor. I identified myself by logging into PayPal and uploading a scanned copy of a bank statement and my photo ID but nothing happened, no change of name showed. I e-mailed and eventually received a response to say that more information was needed such a authority signed by a company director or authorised person and on company headed paper with the company stamp, We are a Club (non profit making of course) and do not have directors or company stamps. In fairness to PayPal they did eventually accept a letter signed by the Club Chairman.

Having received much the same e-mail as you regarding EU Regulations and having uploaded much the same information as for the change of name I am now being asked for proof of tax exemption such as follows:-  "you can provide us with your tax exemption letter or any documents issued by regulatory bodies to evidence
that you are a charity or a non profit organization" .

I am not aware that this requirement exist when operating as a club so will have to investigate this. There seems to be no recognition of clubs, just businesses or individuals and very little clarity in exactly what is needed.

The rather drawn out history may not help you but I will attempt to post any solution that I arrive at.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.