PayPal won't lift Account limits

Paul66M
New Community Member

I represent a members club which has a business account (which may be the problem!) set up by my predecessor.  We don't sell anything, but this year gave members the option to pay their annual fees via PayPal.  After a while, this triggered the EU anti-money laundering limit, and now PayPal is sat on nearly £6,000 of our money which I can't access.

I went through the resolution process, gradually ticking off the boxes, uploading various ID, bank statement etc, but now I can't seem to get past the requirement to give them a business registration number, which we do not have.

They have largely ignored my emails, apart from sending automated replies telling me to go to the Help Centre, which does not exist.

My latest attempt has been to request a downgrade of the account, so let's see if that works!!

Any other advice would be welcome.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul66M

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.