Name change debacle!

moon_10008
Contributor
Contributor
Got my acct in April 2003, in my maiden name. Got married in Oct 2005 and am still unable to change my Paypal to my married name. Last year I came to the £1500 limit for receiving money, so my account was put on hold till I could prove myself. I don' t have ANY photo ID as I don't drive and I don' go abroad. I sent my marriage certificate 3 times, never acted upon, also sent via photo as it said and it was not acted upon. So my account is still in my maiden name, attached to my bank card in my married name as my bank let me change my name no fuss at all. I REALLY want to make a go of my artwork sales but this just hangs over me, and I have not a clue how to sort it out, I understand there has to be security, but this is making it impossible....would it just be better to close my account and reopen a new one? What are my options please? Many thanks, Nikki
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In some cases it is better to simply start over with a new account.  As long as you don't have any outstanding transactions, you should be able to close your account.  Note, you will need a new email address and it's best to have a bank account in your name so you can verify your PayPal Account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.