Indefinite Limitation

BettyB1
Contributor
Contributor

Three days ago, me and my grandmother opened an account in her name in order to place some bets on the horses.

Last night, we won £1,350 in ladbrokes, and withdrew it to PayPal.

2 hours ago, her account was limited.

She has just logged into her account to find that she cannot provide the 4 documents PayPal requested in order to restore her account, as the limitation now 'cannot be appealed against'. 

There are no further options to provide the 4 documents.

I assume they have closed her account indefinitely.

PayPal have 'stolen' £1350 of my grandmother's money, and we would like to take PayPal to a small claims court. 

After speaking to them on the phone, they said that their limitation would remain.

Me and my grandmother have just been robbed of £1350.

I have called the police, who have referred us to a fraud prevention department.

We welcome all advice.

Kind Regards.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi BettyB1,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

Unfortunately we do not have access to view the details of your account from here, but it does sound like we have placed a limitation on your account in order to obtain additional verification from you. As PayPal operate under a banking licence within the EU, we would be required by law to get verification details from any customer using our system to process payments.

In order to proceed with resolving this issue and helping you to gain access to your account again, you would need to contact Customer Support directly. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Thanks for your understanding

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.