Funds withheld but I am not a seller!

alexwiley
New Community Member

Hi!

So I have a very frustrating issue that I have asked PayPal about bust recieved no response.. 3 times. I am a contractor and work for an American company, I live in the UK thereofre use PayPal to get paid.

When I do get paid PayPal seem to withold my funds, and they ask me to add tracking info and mark as sent to get paid quicker, however I have no package to send as I am getting paid for a service! Does anybody have any advise? I need PayPal to sort this out because my funds are getting help for about 20 days each time now making my personal financing a complete nightmayre!

Any advise is greatly appreciated,

Alex

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its not paypals fault its down to the person sending you that money.

If they send it via send money > goods or services then in paypal terms you are a seller and subject to the new seller hold.

If they send it via send money > family / friends ie gift payment then it is not classed as a sale and you would get your money instantly.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.