Direct debit or credit card for paying fees

ayejay
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account is set up with a verified credit card but no bank account and this has been working fine for paying fees. I now need to add my bank account and it's going on about setting up a direct debit. I understand the need to proove its my account but I don't want any money coming out of my bank account (i only keep what I need in there and pay fees if a transaction makes me overdrawn), I want it to carry on coming from my credit card which I always pay off each month so don't pay interest.

Can I do this and, if so, how?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hi yes you can.

I have my bank account and a c.c. linked to paypal.

When i pay for an item i always want to pay with c.c.

So during the listing process at the top of the screen where it tells you where the funding will be debited you can click on "other funding sources" and select your credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ayejay
Contributor
Contributor

That's fine if it's an Ebay purchase but what about Ebays fees as these are automatically invoiced. Will they come from my credit card like they always have as these are the transactions that will cause me problems with my bank account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ah they may be taken from your bank statement.

However if adding your bank details is part of the verification process then once verified you can remove your bank details again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.