Account Limited because im not 18? but i am.

Temp20221201ag
Contributor
Contributor

Last week my account was limited because of high activity (big deal its happened a few times), anyways after following the steps i sent paypal a picture of my drivers license clearly showing them my name, address and date of birth (im 21 years old) as a proof of ID. The next day i recived an email saying this;

Dear Luke ---------,

We reviewed the documents you submitted and we've determined you're were
not 18 years old. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for a PayPal
account. For this reason, we've limited your account.

From now on, you can’t send or receive money with this account. If you have
money in your PayPal balance, you can use it to refund your customers. If
you need to issue any refunds, respond to this email and include:

• The customer’s email address.
  • The original payment amount.
  • The original payment date.

You can also withdraw any remaining funds from your PayPal account by
clicking ‘Withdraw’ near the top of the page.

You can contact us after you turn 18 and we’ll help you to resume using our
services.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

Okay, i might look young in the photo because i was acctuly 17 when i got my drivers licence but the D.O.B clearly states i was born in 1992, i spoke to a bloke on the phone and he told me to upload images of my ID and Bank statment as proof to paypal but i cant see where to do so, if anyone has any ideas please let me know, cheers.

Luke

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sometimes you need to find another way.  You may want to simply close your account and open a new one.  The key is making sure you "verify" your account meaning link and confirm a bank account.  As additional proof of ID, suggest linking and confirming a credit card too.  This also acts as a backup funding source.  Also be sure to use a new email address.  If you ensure that your account is setup properly from the start, PayPal is much easier to work with.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221201ag
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, my account was verified with both my debit card and bank account added, i cant close my account because its limited and i cannont appeal against it because the "paypal account review departmant" have somehow come to the conclusion that im under 18 which im not. i tried opening up another paypal account using this email addres( i cant even access these forums on my other account) but i cant add my card or bank account because there still stuck to my other paypal account. I will have to phone up again tommorow and see if someone can sort it out because i use paypal as my first choice of online payment where its possible to use.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Luke9964,

Sorry to hear about this! If you signed up for PayPal when you were under 18, this could be why your account was limited. Even if you're now over 18, you need to have been 18 when signing our User Agreement, from a legal standpoint.

You may need to open a new account using a different email in this case. I'd recommend calling Customer Support directly for assistance with this, so we can help with getting your new account set up. You can also contact us on Twitter at @AskPayPal.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.