Konto kann aufgrund von Einschränkungen nicht gelöscht werden

Temp20231105i
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
I recently sent my ID to PayPal due to a larger payment. 
Throughthis data, PayPal found out that I was a minor on the day my account was created and now my account has been permanently restricted.
Then I created a new account, but I can't add my normal bank account because it seems to be internally linked to my old account. I have also requested that the old account be deleted, but this cannot be done. How can I use my new PP account and delete my old one?

Login to Me Too
5 ANTWORTEN 5

kernowlass
Geschätzter Berater
Geschätzter Berater

@Temp20231105i 

This is an English speaking forum, can you use google translate?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231105i
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender

ok done

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Geschätzter Berater
Geschätzter Berater

@Temp20231105i 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use. You would not be able to use anything added to that limited account so would need to add other funding sources and email address etc.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account.

Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once so check with customer services first.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Temp20231105i
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender

Yes, i know. But now im 23 and I opened another account already. But I cant delete my old one, because I need to remove the restriciton first.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Geschätzter Berater
Geschätzter Berater

@Temp20231105i 

Sadly you can't close a permanently limited account. Paypal limits it to stop you removing anything from it.
Customer services 'may' allow you to open a new account but you won't be able to remove anything from the old one as its permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.