Multiple Auto Return Urls

QWHosting
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have several different and separate websites but I use the same PayPal Business account for all of them. Some of my sites have a PayPal IPN feature. Is it possible to set up Auto Return with Payment Data Transfer activated for each of my sites? I only see one Auto Return field under Website Payment Preferences. I don't want to set it up for site A and then customers from site B and site C get auto-returned to site A after their transaction. How can I set this up so that upon checkout customers are auto-returned to that specific site that they came from and I receive an IPN from that site's transaction? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Pritesh
Contributor
Contributor

Use these along with your other PayPal form values.

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="[YOURSITEURL_WHICH_HANDLES_IPN]">

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="[YOUR_SITE_URL_WHICH_HANDLES_RETURN_URL]">

<input type="hidden" name="_notify-synch:cmd" value="_notify-synch">\

- Pritesh

Login to Me Too

mkrcolo
New Community Member

Hi Pritish,

Thanks for the answer as I was having the same question.  It looks liek you know what you are doing!  I have another problem that is kind of related....wondering if you might be willing to help me out.  When users register on my site they are taken to paypal to pay, and then they are returned to my site.  However, as it is, when I have paypal auto return on, I get the following error:

>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Date: 01-02-2010 14:37:41
>> Error Type: 16 - Core Error
>> Error Message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
>> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
>> ''
>> at line 1
>> Script: /home/mya/public_html/class/db/classDb.php(line: 624)
>> Host: http://www.marketyourad.com
>> Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7)
>> Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
>> Client IP: 76.120.79.52

But if I turn auto retunr off in paypal, and users just click the "return to merchant" button, the error does not occur.   I need auto-return to be able to be on though.  If you can help me, that would be great--I can send you the code of the return url page if that would help.

Thanks for any help.

Melissa

Login to Me Too

Pritesh
Contributor
Contributor

pls send me code to check

Login to Me Too

ketchingup
New Community Member

Use these along with your other PayPal form values.

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="[YOURSITEURL_WHICH_HANDLES_IPN]">

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="[YOUR_SITE_URL_WHICH_HANDLES_RETURN_URL]">

<input type="hidden" name="_notify-synch:cmd" value="_notify-synch">\

Oh crap I'm lost.....not technical

what is       [YOURSITEURL_WHICH_HANDLES_IPN]     do the brackets and quotes stay?

what is      [YOUR_SITE_URL_WHICH_HANDLES_RETURN_URL]    is this my thank you page?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

suzannesr
Contributor
Contributor

Did you figure this out? I want to know the same thing but different urls within one website.

let me know

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.