Cannot Make an on line payment

Ralph158
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to make a PayPal credit card payment on line for two weeks and the site keeps asking me for my Bank account number (which it already has)..  When I enter the account information it says that this bank account is already used with a PayPal account.  It's the same one I have been using for 5 years.  Evidently GE Money is no longer handling the accounts by they still have my bank account information and Paypal will not accept my bank account.  I have already been charged LATE fees and have never received an payment statement in the mail.  I've called customer service but they can't help.  My only OTHER alternative is to cancel my PayPal Plus credit card.   Its bad enough that it takes me 1/2 a day to get in contact with a real person then they can't do anything about the situation that is beyond ability to fix.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

evadelcarmen2
New Community Member

I have the same exact problem!! Let me know if you find a solution..

Login to Me Too

Ralph158
Contributor
Contributor

After 6 calls to Paypal and 2 dropped calls (argh!), one agent said that they had changed payments over from GE Money to Paypal. GE Money had handled their payments until about two weeks ago.   Since my wife already has a Paypal account and used the same bank account that I used, Payal would not let me login in with my bank account. Only ONE Paypal account can share one bank account.  Another Paypal account must use a different bank account. This is a MAJOR problem for people using joint bank accounts and shared it with Paypal.  A really huge pain!  All othe agents had no clue on what was going on.

Login to Me Too

Barbara
New Community Member

I too have this problem, rather rmy husband does as he tried to purchase something using our joint checking account on his own PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The solution is to open a new bank account.

Login to Me Too

Ralph158
Contributor
Contributor

Open a new bank account.  You have got to be kidding me.  I think the solution is to start using Chase bank that lets you use your same bank account for mulitple accounts.   Having to open a new bank account is a rediculous inconvienient solution.

Login to Me Too

littlebearsden
Contributor
Contributor

Because of the same account issues The paypal credit card posted one payment a day late and charged me $39 for a late fee. I called twice and they refused to correct it. Now I get my bill and because they posted one payment one day late one time they are now charging me 26.99% interest on the account. I am clancelling the card and paying it off and will never use paypal credit ever again.

Login to Me Too

kiaares
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! I am having the same issue and no one can offer me a solution...can you share what the outcome was please?

Login to Me Too

Ralph158
Contributor
Contributor

The only solution at this time was to use another bank account.  My wife was using the same one I was using but, when Paypal transfered their accounting from GEMoney back to paypal I was locked out from making a payment. Paypal only lets you use "one" checking account.  Since my wife was using the same account I tried using the saving account.  Big mistake.  If you make over 6 withrawls within 6 months you are charged $10.00 for each withdrawl over 6.  That really sucked. My only other alternative was to use my other checking account.  This will be unfortunate for people with only one checking account when both the husband and wife have a Paypal account.  Paypal does this for security reasons but most of the Paypal support people I talked to were not aware of this.

Login to Me Too

jinexcis
New Community Member

I try to make a payment online but I can't make

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.