why can't sellers leave deadbeat bidders/buyers NEGATIVE feedback???????????????

temp-w814am
Contributor
Contributor

if someone buys an item from me, never pays for it, i file for an "unpaid item strike" against the buyer, who in return can leave ME negative feedback and i can leave them nothing BUT positive. come on.......that is bizzare. where is the so called "seller protection"?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sounhappy13
Contributor
Contributor

That is because Ebay want all sellers to be perfect!!!  After all the fees we pay we should get better options, of course when you check into the buyer's feedback is 100% positive!!! since nobody can put a neutral or negative what else can you see.    Sellers can give you a negative feedback anytime and this will appear on your records for 1 year and mess up your percentage, I been a seller for over 6 years and can't reach their standars because my feedback is almost 3000 positive against  2 negative feedback.  Removing the option was just plain unfair,  l bet the people who had this greeeeaaat idea are not selling on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

BOODOG
New Community Member

i may be wrong but i don't think that a buyer who has received a strike for an unpaid item can leave you any feedback.

Login to Me Too

Wolfette13
Contributor
Contributor

Not exactly a PayPal question however, Sellers can no longer leave bad buyers negative feedback because TOO many sellers were holding the buyers feedback hostage and using feedback extortion.

Login to Me Too

julianne

it's totally unfair.  i sold an item, buyer pmt was "pending", i shipped it quickly, buyer received it quickly , didn't like it, lashed out at me, threatened to leave neg feedback, unless i gave her a big discount.  i told her i would give her a full refund if she would send item back.didn't hear from her again.  not only did she leave neg feedback, she lied about the merchandise and  made derogatory  comments about me in the feedback.  and i still have not been paid!  and she is keeping the items!

Login to Me Too

sounhappy13
Contributor
Contributor

You can also reply when they leave negative feedback for you and it will appear at the bottom of what they said about you, just as a way to let your buyers know what kind of seller you are and what kind of buyer put a negative.  Of course that will not give you any advantage and it will only help you to feel a bit better.  Keep being a good seller, not all buyers are trash besides some exceptions, that is all you can do.

Login to Me Too

Wolfette13
Contributor
Contributor

Did you refund before the buyer filed a claim on PayPal? If so that is the reason you have not received your item because you 1) Did not receive the item before you sent the refund 2) Did not force the buyer to file a dispute with PayPal.

Sellers as well as buyers must learn how to use ebay and paypal properly and do what is necessary to protect their own interest against bad sellers and buyers alike.

Next time do not refund until you receive the item back and/or force the buyer to file the dispute PayPal

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

This drives me crazy.  I have never had a negative or neutral feedback on ebay until someone bought one of my items without glancing at the listing.

I kept the listing very short, and used large font.  Within 2 hours of listing the item, a buyer purchases it with BIN.  I was surprised because I also included the option of "Best Offer" but the guy bought it at the full BIN price. (Around $200)

I get an email a day later saying my price Must have been wrong, please change the invoice so he can pay.  Confused, I send another invoice, making sure the totals equal the exact amount he agreed to pay with BIN.  I never changed the amount, added any $$ to the total.

Turns out, the buyer didn't even look at what he was buying.  Four days later he  wanted a HUGE discount. (he wanted to pay about $20, The item never sells for Less than $180.) I was shocked.  I told him the listing clearly stated the price. I was annoyed that I lost four days. 

I quickly sent an offer through ebay to cancel the purchase.  I was letting him out of any obligation.    He REFUSES to cancel, and sends insulting and threatening emails, trying to get it for $20.  I had to pay a final value fee because he refused to cancel, but he never paid me and left my first negative feedback, warning others never to buy from me in ALL CAPS!

I couldn't leave negative feedback for the hassle he put me though!  It's not right.

Login to Me Too

willy6919
New Community Member

soooo true!!!!!  ebay protects buyers... ive had so many buyers bidding and lame excuses.. why not bid on things and just noy pay??? must be nice to bid on 4 items and pay for the lowest price you got item for..  that **bleep**...after 2-3 items bid on and not paid for sellers should be restricted for a time or not allowed to bid at all. lets ban togehter and change EEEBBBAAAYYY!!!!!!!  DO YOU HEAR US!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Matt2001
Contributor
Contributor

It punishes sellers and allows "buyers" to get away with murder.  It was the worst move ebay could have made.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.