what information of buyer can be returned to seller from paypal?

zhen
Contributor
Contributor

when buyer checkout from  my website,  he directly go to paypal to process the payment, when finished, paypal may send buyer back to my return page, I just want to know the buyer's information like name, email address can be sent back sametime? I don't mean a email, I hope they are stored in  variables so I can store related information with their orders,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

zhen
Contributor
Contributor

skier:

Thank you very much for answering  me.

What I hoped is a simple way like I send parameters to Paypal, but get information in listener. I hope I can simply get several parameters like email address and full name because when the buyer did not register in my website, I can automatically set up an account using his first name plus some digits and a password, then send an email to him. So that he can track his order easily later At sametime, store the related information with his order togather into my database. for later use.

I did that when I did  not need paypal to process my payment before. Now, when I gave the payment processing to Paypal, I can not get buyer's information immediately

I know something about PDT, but I don't know how to read  the PDT information after I gave the POST back to Paypal though I can get the tx by $tx_token = $_GET['tx']; Because I don't know the form the return information with.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You will need to use some additional PayPal features, IPN and Auto Return.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
Solved

zhen
Contributor
Contributor

skier:

Thank you very much for answering  me.

What I hoped is a simple way like I send parameters to Paypal, but get information in listener. I hope I can simply get several parameters like email address and full name because when the buyer did not register in my website, I can automatically set up an account using his first name plus some digits and a password, then send an email to him. So that he can track his order easily later At sametime, store the related information with his order togather into my database. for later use.

I did that when I did  not need paypal to process my payment before. Now, when I gave the payment processing to Paypal, I can not get buyer's information immediately

I know something about PDT, but I don't know how to read  the PDT information after I gave the POST back to Paypal though I can get the tx by $tx_token = $_GET['tx']; Because I don't know the form the return information with.

Login to Me Too

odomxer64
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you,

I've been trying to speak to some one.

I bought several I tems on ebay auction , every time I bid on somrthing ( won ) pay pay made good on the price.

I will say there was a large amount, but it was comeing from my bank account. The word's from PayPal & ebay

they will stand by you, your credit line  GOOD-- but any how!  I bought on a few more Items. Nothing was said.yester day

I went by my bank and put several dollers more lust in case ,  Pay pal needed more to pay the sellers there payment.

I did not know this until I looked at my paypal account and the sellers who wanted to get there pay.. I dont know

how to fix this. Do I leave it up paypal to to pay the 6 sellers who want paid. If Paypal and Ebay would change

there words ( Know problem we will stand by you.) Dont worry we will back you up!

These sellers want paid to day, I bought these items, How do I pay them now! Is pay pal going to pay them!

I have the money in the bank- should that be a problem for paypal to pay them

thank you very much,

odom64xer19

should there be any thing else

call  916-962-0378

rex odom

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.