waiting to recieve money? please help

sarah
New Community Member

I was sent an email saying that the money had been deducted from the buyers account and that I needed to send in the tracking number before the money would be credited to me.  So I sent in the tracking number yesterday, but I still haven't heard anything back from paypal and nothing shows up in my paypal account. How long should I wait before I start to worry that something is wrong? 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

bella_4u2001
New Community Member

hey. i have a real quick question for you, if you could be of any help. where did you go to to submit the tracking number?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi bella_4u2001-

Here are the steps to integrate a tracking number:

If you used a shipping company that provides online tracking, you can enter your Shipment Tracking Information and Order Status. To add this information, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "History" at the top of the page.
  3. Find the shipment you want to add tracking to.
  4. Click "Details" under the Details column for that shipment.
  5. Click the "Add Tracking Info" link.
  6. On the Enter Shipment Tracking Information and Order Status page enter:
    • Order Status from the drop down menu
    • Tracking Number
    • Select Shipping Company from the drop-down menu
    • If "Other" please specify Shipping Company
  7. Click "Save."

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

pizzolatto123
Contributor
Contributor

it shows that the money is there item delivered and tracking number next too it say too archive and go in account how long before money can be withdrawn

Login to Me Too

pizzolatto123
Contributor
Contributor

sent pay pal email tracking number shows next to amt in account after e bays comission

Login to Me Too

temp20091110
Contributor
Contributor

Bottom line with the new payment policy PayPal has let small sellers know, per it's parent, that they are no longer the backbone of ebay or even wanted on the site.  Ebay made a business decision to cater to large wholesale sellers by doing things such as holding a sellers money AFTER THE ITEM HAS BEEN RECEIVED until PayPal arbitrarily decides the buyer is happy.  If you read the agreement simply providing proof of delivery IS NOT ENOUGH and PayPal will hold up to 20 days.  Ebay treats small sellers the same way by upping fees and giving buyers incredibly preferential treatment at the expense of people who were around when both these crappy entities started.  I would start looking for another shop or simply purchase from legit wholesalers or pawn shops.  BOTTOM LINE I PERSONALLY AM CANCELING MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT THE MINUTE THEY RELEASE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE, AND WHICH AS AN ATTORNEY PRESENTS A SITUATION BEGGING FOR A CLASS ACTION (WHERE IS THE INTEREST ON ALL THIS MONEY GOING AS IT SITS IN PAYPAL'S HANDS? Not back to you that is for sure.  I have been using ebay and paypal since they began and am dropping accounts on both.  CLASS ACTION PARTICIPANTS ANYONE?

Login to Me Too

IMalwaysRIGHT
New Community Member

Yup!! ive been waiting like 2 weeks to recieve 50 bucks!!! this is pathetic!!! im with you on the class action...send me a message if you are serious about this class action! 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi IMalwaysRIGHT-

You can review the information on payment holds at www.paypal.com/paymentholds.  If your item has been out for two weeks, that should be sufficient time for a package shipped within the US to be delivered.  Have you added your tracking information to the listing?  Have you left positive feedback for you buyer?  If so, and they haven't followed through, have you politely asked them if they'd do that for the purchase?

Waiting two weeks for a payment hold to be released indicates that neither buyer nor seller has taken action to confirm that the transaction was completed successfully, and we allow either party to take an action that would release the funds independent of the other.  As I've provided elsewhere in this thread, if you are outside of the noted timeframes for a hold to have been lifted because these actions are completed, contact PayPal to have the transaction manuall reviewed.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

NEWHANDLE
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE 100% FEEDBACK, I;VE NEVER AN ISSUE  & PAYPAL HOLDS MY MONEY ABOUT $258.

I'M NOT THE BIG SELLER BUT I AM AN HONEST AND GOOD SELLER.

WHAT WOULD THEY EVER HOLD MY MONEY FOR? I'M NOT A SCAMMER AND EBAY / PAYPAL KNOWS IT I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER TOO LONG AND A GOOD ONE.

I AM SELLING COINS AT THIS TIME. (BROTHER'S ESTATE ETC) AND HAVE SOLD  55 OR SO ITEMS. NEVER AN ISSUE FAR THEY LOVED WHAT I SOLD, SO WHAT IS UP.

COULD IT BE THAT I DO NOT ALWAYS SELL AS I HAVE A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE AND SOMETIMES AM NOT UP TO IT SO THERE IS TIME LAPSE? ( NOW I HAVE TO AIR MY LAUNDRY LIKE IT OR NOT TO GET A POINT ACROSS)

SO WHAT IF I DON'T DO IT STEADILY? I DO SELL WHEN I CAN AND I HAVE AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN ACTIVE SINCE 1999. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

HOPING FOR A QUICK  $$$ RELEASE OR I'LL HAVE TO TRY ANOTHER SITE TO SELL MY STUFF. SADLY I REALLY LIKED PAYPAL / EBAY AT ONE TIME, NOW I FEEL LIKE A ROBOT  A  robotmad:

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN?

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?

Login to Me Too

vulcan1600
New Community Member

Really starting to see the competence in the Pay Pal customer service center, or should I say incompetence. Wish I never even heard of them because, my friends, this is Bull**bleep**! Id be more than happy to sign up for a class action suit. Maybe they'll start to act professionally, and hire Cust. Service reps that can actually communicate in English, after they've had the snot litigated out of them!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.