unauthorize and reversal

josie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

on november 8th someone hack into my paypal account.. sent out 290$ to someone.. paypal react fast and freeze my account. They suspected a fraud. On the 9th I opened a claim about this and they closed it saying that indeed it was an unauthorize paiement...I changed my password and security questions..

On november 11th I see that the 290$ was withdraw in my banking account. (paypal payment)

I phone paypal 2 times and got 2 different answer:

-one agent told me that paypal can stop activities in the paypal  account but not any transfert in my bank accout that I have to go to my bank and fill an afidavite and that my bank have to try to get my money back...

-the other agent told me taht the 290$ is not lost and that in will be back in my balance in "a few days"...

SO??? what will happen?? is my 290$ gonna be back or do I have to go to the bank to tell them to find it??? this is drieving me nuts! Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

josie
Contributor
Contributor

anyone??

help please...

Login to Me Too

jrw2k
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not INSURED, THEY WIL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY, LIKE VISA/MASTERCARD etc. WOULD.

PAYPAL IS NOT SECURE.

I was a victim of a hack, unauthorized transaction, and after an lousy investigation they determined i had to cancel preapproved transactions, I DO NOT HAVE PREAPPROVED TRANSACTIONS!!!!

PAYPAL IS NOT SECURE!

Login to Me Too

kramyugtaht
Contributor
Contributor

I just got hit with this. If they don't do anything even though I caught it two hours later I'm going to sue Paypal - anyone else speak up!

Login to Me Too

jrw2k
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a paypal account for more than 5 years... first time this happens.

But my case investigation was handled poorly, i figured if they don't have federal insurance they will not be able to reimburse you or collect for fraudulent transaction, so they just dismiss the whole thing with a bogus answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.