problem with eBay Bucks

kw575
Contributor
Contributor

I earned $104 in eBay Bucks last period.  So yesterday I used PayPal to check out on a $350 eBay purchase I made and during checkout the $104 looked like it was being applied; it showed my total amount, minus the eBay Bucks credit and the new reduced balance.  But today when I checked my PayPal balance, the whole amount was debited from my balance.  When do I get the credit for the eBay Bucks?  Shouldn't it be there already?  I went to eBay summary page and looked at the transaction history and it does show the credit and the reduced amount I should have been billed.   There seems to be a problem, I am not a newbie.  Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

AuctionLovers
Contributor
Contributor

@vlr wrote:

I am having the same problem as all the others. My transaction didn't even acknowledge the ebay bucks at all. I contacted ebay and chatted with one of their representatives, but after over 30 minutes and me waiting all that time, he came back with an answer of...I need to contact PayPal. I asked him what PayPal had to do with it since ebay initiated the transaction? I asked, what could PayPal do? He just basically said I need to contact them to see why it didn't get credited. In other words, I didn't get an answer at all, just the run around.

I can clearly tell you guys what's going on here.  Another one of ebay scams to collect interests on your funds while are sitting in their account.  Lol, this is nothing new for paypal/ebay to do.  They do it with the 21 day holding excuse, the echecks and now the ebaybucks. 

Here's how it works.  They lure you in with the ebay bucks (get you to spend more money so they can make more money), show you that your bucks were applied when you buy something.  Then they take the full amount, then tell you it was a mistake that they are working on.  I can almost guarantee it won't get resolved in 72 hrs.  While they are sitting with your money they are collecting interest on every day that they have it.  The thing that you may not know, BUT THEY DO, is that most people that are falling for this scam, won't go to their paypal account right away to check to see if the bucks were applied, because ebay already convinced you through your eBay ebay bucks invoice that they were applied.   Meanwhile your money is sitting with them collecting interest.  They enjoy the days or weeks that go by until you finely notice their "mistake".  Can you imagine how many people don't even check?  I can guarantee you ebay/paytheives do.

Everyone needs so wake up and see that everything ebay/paypal does with your money, it's about holding it as long as they can even if it's through their so-called mistakes or glitches.   Believe me it was no mistake, the 21 day holdings, the echecks or the ebucks.  And I can guarantee  there will be more in the future as long as they can get away with it, and you can put your money on that..

There is a lawsuit against paypal/ebay right now for holding funds.  You can join it at:  

letssuepaypal.com

Login to Me Too

dallassports

I, too, had a recent **bleep**ing from eBay over eBay Bucks. I made a $565 purchase using eBay's checkout system.  A week later, the seller sent me a PayPal invoice, notified me that my original payment was being refunded, and requested that I pay using the seller's invoice.  Perhaps the seller was attempting to circumvent seller fees.  At any rate, eBay has refused, and continued to refuse, to apply the earned eBay bucks.  I keep getting canned email responses that seem like ebay is trying to shoehorn my problem into a "certificate redemption" problem, which appears to be rather common.  At any rate, I sent eBay a string of transaction ID numbers explaining the transaction, but I feel as if I am talking to a child.

I've given up, but have filed a complaint with the attoreny general in my state.  Probably no help for me, but might help future victims.

Login to Me Too

xXhelenahandbas
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone ever receive the ebay buck deduction?  Was your cases ever solved and if so, how? 

Login to Me Too

gl58
Contributor
Contributor

I never recieved any replys from ebay or paypal after I questioned them many times trough e-mails or by phone. I had $24 I could have used towards an item and just became fed up with the whole thing and quit !

Login to Me Too

xXhelenahandbas
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this is the deal and it should be reported to any online fraud division you might have available as you think you are getting this discount and if it is not applied, could overdraw you at the bank. 

I think eBay can wiggle out of it as it is in the very tiny fine print.

The discount ONLY works on auctions where there is an eBay bucks LOGO on the auction page.  Otherwise it is not covered and will not be applied!

This is very misleading!  And a total rip-off.  I believe it's only applied to those auctions where they continually send you advertisements about.

Good luck getting your money.  We've been **bleep**ed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.