opening a second non profit account

sue406a
New Community Member

Since I am the only one in our group with any experience with paypal  I offered to try to get  a donate button on our web page and newsletter.  However,   I am not as computer savvy as that may make me sound.... and I think when I am trying to set up the non profit account it is over riding my own personal account.  is there a way to have two accounts to one email address?    thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

scorehog

Each account needs its own bank account and email information. If the same email address is used for two accounts how would paypal know which account to deposit money?

The non profit email (web site email) should be used as well as their bank account information.

Good Luck

scrhg/randy

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Of course you have spoken with Paypal about this nonprofit account.

Collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization

Please send contact information, business website URL and a brief business summary to compliance @ paypal.com

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full&locale.x=en...

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately, you cannot have two accounts associated with the same email address.

PayPal will allow you to have two accounts, one Personal and one Premier or Business Account.  However, you cannot use the same email address and bank or credit cards.

Another option, you can have two Business Accounts providing that you have two bank accounts and separate credit cards.   You would also need two different email addresses.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.