confirmed address

oliver
New Community Member

I have a confirmed address and it says so on the paypal site. then why when the seller recieves transaction page from paypal that I payed for an auction it say my address is unconfirmed.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jmtenthusiast
New Community Member

Hey the same thing in happening to me!  Does anyone reply to these posts?

Login to Me Too

Guysmiley

I have been with pay pal for years and confirmed address or so I thought long ago so I did again today and although on the site I show confirmed  the purchase I made after I confirmed shows un-confirmed. I am soon to be paying for something that requires the confirmation and I am frustrated that its not updated. I will wait a few hours and buy something else to see if maybe it will change the status.

Login to Me Too

lilconfuzd
Contributor
Contributor

i guess no one has any answers yet to this problem?  do paypal reps ever peruse these forums to provide answers or solutions that forum members can't? 

i never gave my shipping address any thought until after i received an email from paypay this morning advising that the ebay item i purchased last nite has been shipped.  that's when i saw the "unconfirmed" in red by my shipping address.

when i check my profile on the paypal website, all my shipping addresses show to be confirmed.   is it going to take a lost package before the contradictory info is fixed?   or worse, an ebay seller who will ship only to confirmed addresses... then refusing to ship something when they see that "unconfirmed?"   bad part is...that "unconfirmed" could show up and the buyer not even know it until perhaps a seller advises him/her, or like in my case...the seller ships anyway and then as buyer, i see it on the shipping notice. 

if a seller who advertises that s/he will ship only to confirmed addresses, how does one PROVE his/her address IS in fact confirmed after the seller has prepared to ship something and then that "unconfirmed" pops up?  i'm assuming this info is at some point presented to the seller, otherwise...what would be the point in stating on a sale or auction that the buyer will ship only to confirmed addresses.

it would be nice if paypal would let people know what's going on...  and fix whatever is causing the discrepancy in information.

lilconfuzd

Login to Me Too

HowlingWolf
New Community Member

I'm in the exact same boat. Paypal lists me as Confirmed, but nearly every purchase I make shows that "Unconfirmed" on the reciept in big, nasty red letters.

In this case, it's LITERALLY keeping me from purchasing something I really want, since they won't ship to unconfirmed addresses. So I'm probably going to have to call tomorrow and scream at some people from India for a while before this gets fixed. If it gets fixed at all.

Login to Me Too

jsja0624
New Community Member

I'm experiencing a similar problem. The paypal site says that it cannot confirm my address through my card on file, yet it charged the card $1.00 for authorization, or whatever i guess nobody reads these, they just pile away into a graveyard of problems....

Login to Me Too

noswah
New Community Member

I have given Paypal 3 major Credit Cards, 2 Visa and 1 M/Card.  They all bill me at my home address which I have lived at since I had it built 8 years ago. They continue to leave a question mark next to my address. I wonder if its because I won't fill out an application for their credit card.

I am very concerned about having a credit card with someone who can't even run a customer service site like this for them. I would not expect anything to change.

All the addresses match on my Profile and on the credit cards, so when they say add a credit card to your account and they will confirm your address, well it did not happen.

Login to Me Too

lilconfuzd
Contributor
Contributor

someone in paypal must have seen the complaints here about addresses showing as unconfirmed.  i just made an ebay purchase, and when i got the email from paypal confirming payment...   "confirmed" was by my name and address

Login to Me Too

tes_735
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Any solutions?

Login to Me Too

737pilot
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in the same boat! WHY!!!!! Very irritating! Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.