Very strange double charge on my statement

CloudXL
New Community Member

I had made a payment to an ebay seller for $19.50, now that went through and it shows up on my Paypal account, but the strange thing is, there is a double payment for the same amount, made one second later that does not show up on my Paypal, but does show up on my card statement online.  Here is a picture to show you what I mean.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this off of here?  Its taken out of my current balance even though it is pending, has this happened to anyone else before?  And I know how to Ebay, I didn't click pay now twice or anything, this is just making me very angry.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MiKbOmB18
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem only after I confirmed payment it told me to try again in a few minutes, but I got charged for the one(s) that didn't go through. Did you get this figured out?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@CloudXL wrote:
Its taken out of my current balance even though it is pending, has this happened to anyone else before?

A pending charge may be a pre-authorization charge which will go away after a few days.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I think Sandy's right on this - looks like a pending charge.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.