Sellers performance standards

Straitcut
Contributor
Contributor

What to do when an ebay seller decides to cancel a transaction after the item was won, bought and paid for?

Resolution center didn't help much on this matter......    What then?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi straitcut-

There's not a single right answer for this.  Has the seller reached out to you with an explanation?  Did they issue you a refund?  Looking at it from the PayPal side, if I'm reading your info correctly, you've currently paid for and have not received an item.  That is grounds for filing a dispute through your Resolution Center.

However, if the seller has refunded you your money, there's nothing really actionable on the PayPal side.  You have back what you put into the transaction in that case.

That does not mean you have to be satisfied with the outcome, which becomes an eBay issue.  You should be within your rights to leave feedback for the transaction if you were the winning bidder / buyer.  And depending on how the seller handled this with you, that could mean a corresponding positive or negative rating.  Additionally, you may also want to let eBay know about the situation in the event that this is a pattern with the seller.  eBay has to offer a way to cancel a transaction in the event that an item breaks, a mistake was made or something about the listing makes the info no longer accurate...however, per eBay's Help Section on Ending a Listing: "Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated"  If the seller is canceling listings simply because they're not happy with the final price, you can let eBay know about it.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

Straitcut
Contributor
Contributor
Item was bought and paid on November 27, 2009. Sellers ebay advertisement offered "Free Shipping standard flat rate" on this item including North and South America. It did not specified restrictions or special shipping charges outside the 48 states. And now, after the sale, they tride to charge me $40.00 to $60.00 on shipping. At first, they tried to encorage me to pay the $60.00. I disputed back. Later on they tried again on the $40.00. They kept emailing me outside my "My ebay". On November 2, 2009 I oppened a Paypal dispute. Why on the 2nd? Because standard flat rate (priority mail) takes four days to arrive at my location. On November 4th they closed the case. That was fast and without hesitation ????? The "seller" had no intentions in shipping this item unless I pay what they ask regardless. And what disgust me the most is that “Resolution Center” did not understand: “Free shipping standard flat rate”
Login to Me Too

GYA
Contributor
Contributor

I HAE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT PAYPAL FOR MANY WEEKS AND THEY HAVE GIVING THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IS NOT THEIR PROBLEM, SO I'M 410.55 OFF AND WITHOUT THE ITEMS I PURCHUSED THROUGH E-BAY

SO FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO DO BUSINESS WITH EPAL AND/OR EBAY, THNK TWICE BECAUSE AFTER THAT, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.