Seller claims that she STILL didn't recieve the cash...?

perfectsoldier2
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from an individual 4 days ago now. She requested a payment from me, so there is no possibility that it was sent to the wrong person. I accepted and paid her the $100 asking price. I understand it takes Paypal 2-3 days to clear the transaction, and I was okay with waiting those 2 to 3 days for the payment to clear before she would put my item in the mail and send it to me. It's been 4 days and I haven't heard from her. Is there a possibility that Paypal can take this long for a simple $100 to go through? Or was I scammed? What do you recommend I do? I have been attempting to contact her for the past day and a half. Our last recorded e-mail was on December 24th where she informed me (this was 2 days after payment was sent) that the payment did not come through. Since then, I have not heard from her. How much longer should I wait?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Four days ago was the 23rd, Friday was a holiday.  It's too early to worry now.

Also was the paypal payment funded from you checking account.  If so it usually takes up to 5 business day to clear.  The seller is told not to ship until it clears.

Also if you have a credit card or branded debit cart attached to you paypal account, those checking account funded payment are considered instant, due to the back up funding source.

Was this an ebay tansaction, if so, what is  the seller selling history and feedback like.  Do you have the ebay item number.

Login to Me Too

perfectsoldier2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the info. I understand about the holidays. I suppose I'm just worried because I haven't spoken to her.

I paid through my bank account, not through a card or through funds that were already in Paypal.

This is not an ebay transaction. It's a private seller.

Thanks again. I was under the impression that it took 2-3 days regardless but I'll wait the full 5 before I do anything more.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ok, but for you information, it is always best to fund internet transactions with a credit card or branded debit card.

Paypal's buyer protection is limited for non ebay purchases.  If you don't get the item, you can file a paypal claim, but if the seller has cleaned out their paypal account you will get no refund from Paypal.

Private seller-- Craigslist ???

What dollar amount was the transaction for.

Login to Me Too

perfectsoldier2
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.