Scam sellers - what does one do?

GolfGal
Contributor
Contributor

As a member of a community of camera owners, we've seen a large increase of what appear to be fraudulent sellers on eBay.  These are such ads -

Scammer?

Another one

Different seller name - same scammer

There are lots more where this came from.  We think they might have hijacked someone's account - although they also seem to have several accounts going at the same time with different scams.

Anyway, since most people in our group agree that PayPal offers no real buyer protection - what is one to do?

Is there anywhere to turn in these suspected scammers?  Or - have them checked out?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I don't think this is a hijacked account - it's quite possible the guy just picked up a load of cameras to sell - his feedback shows that he switches what he's selling from time to time.

I think he's using a drop-shipper, for one thing.

The listing does have a lot of violations in it.  Hard to see how he's kept a TRS badge with those numbers and violations, but anything can happen.

Paypal protects you of you use it right.  Learn how to use it right and fund any purchases with a credit card for double coverage and you'll be all right.

Login to Me Too

seller
Contributor
Contributor

How about scam buyers....

I just got scammed and even won the paypal dispute and eBay won't remove scammers negative from my feedback...!!

How is that for seller protection?

Trust and Safety?

what a joke...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

ebay generally won't intervene in feedback left except in very limited instances.

A calm, professional reply to the feedback will often go a long way to mitigating any damages.

A screaming rant left on a feedback page may plague you forever.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.