Reply to topic
dipguy
dipguy Member
Kudos: 0

Scam Alert

I logged on to my account today and was directed to a page WITHIN Paypal asking me for all sorts of personal information. Things like my SS# and my ATM pin #.

Surely this is a scam, and indeed if it is then it is a serious threat. Inside Paypal!!

It only happens if I try to access Paypal using Firefox. My Firefox then bombed out on two occasions.

When I use Chrome I automaticall go to my account page as I should on logging in.

Is anyone else encountering this "security form"?

0 Kudos
Joker0001
Joker0001 New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Scam Alert

I just experienced this today using Firefox.  I experienced this with eBay as well.  I knew that it was a scam as soon as it asked me for my Social Security Number and my ATM PIN (which eBay or PayPal DO NOT need to know my SS# or ATM PIN.)  I couldn't figure out how to log in to either of these sites without putting in that info, until I read your post and you said you used Google Chrome.  That is what I am using now, and it didn't prompt me for security info after trying to log in.  I wonder if eBay and PayPal knows about this problem.

0 Kudos
dipguy
dipguy Member

Re: Scam Alert

Log into ebay and click on security centre. They have a great security program called Rapport, which you can download for free! It stops any malware from logging your sensitive information on any site.

I have been using it since yesterday and it has stopped three attempts to steal information for illegal purposes.

0 Kudos