Quickbooks Macro - Help my business is shut down!!

SPembleton
Contributor
Contributor

I generate invoices in Quickbooks and use the Quickbooks macro to send the invoice with a Paypal button for payment. This has been working for over a year with no problems. As of yesterday, it stopped working. My customers do not have a way to pay me. I called Tech support and they tell me that they no longer support that macro. IS THIS TRUE?

I am using Quickbooks 2009 Pro

Can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

SPembleton
Contributor
Contributor

Thankks to finally finding someone at PayPal who understood how the PayPal Payment Request wizard for Quickbooks works, and some playing around, I just found the answer to my own question. I will post it in case anyone else has the same problem. After you create the invoice using the PayPal Payment Request wizard for Quickbooks and the Outlook (or Outlook Express) window opens with the button and the invoice, Select the button, then, from the menu,  select Insert/Hyperlink. A window will open with the existing hyperlink in the button. Find the cmd parameter. DELETE the space between "cmd" and "=". Remember to do this on both buttons. The button will now work.

Login to Me Too

ootbs
Contributor
Contributor

How did you get to someone @ PayPal who actually knew what was going on? I have been trying for about a week now? Is there a name or # you can share? A magic way to get past the gatekeepers without being on hold forever?

Login to Me Too

ootbs
Contributor
Contributor

I tried your fix but had no space anywhere in the url.  So I am still unable to send invoices with PayPal payment requests as of last week. Thx anyway - i will repost & see if anyone else is experiencing the same.

Login to Me Too

SPembleton
Contributor
Contributor

Call me. I will walk you through it. (262) 352-7919

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.