Question on money transfer

Skates
New Community Member

Hey guys how are you doing?

Got a question figured i would come here and see if there was an easy answer. A while ago a friend of a friend was suppose to send me some money on paypal. I never got it. He swears that he sent it and all that stuff. My question is there are 2 emails attached to my paypal and the 1 he sent it to was not the primary accoun at the time. As of right now i changed the primary to the email he supposedly sent the money to. Will now the money appear in the account if indeed he did send it? He swears he sent the money and said he has his bank statement to prove he sent it. I just find it weird that I havent gotten it or anything. 

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Assuming that both the email addresses you have linked to your PayPal Account are verified, you should be able to receive funds to either one, makes no difference which on is the Primary.  If the funds were sent to an email address that is not verified, you would need to verify the address first, then you will be able to get the funds.

Ask your friend if the funds have been claimed.  He should be able to see that from his PayPal Account.

If the payment was sent to an email address that is not registered or incorrect, then the sender can cancel it from the transaction details otherwise, if the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.