PayPal Standard (IPN) and CubeCart

11thhour
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a few basic questions on settings for using these two programs together and was hoping someone using them both would’t mind sharing their knowledge with me.

I want to start out just selling and shipping to the US, what's the best way to do this? 

Both programs can be set up to help with shipping but, I'm not sure if I need to enable both programs or just one? (and which one?)

Since version CubeCart 4.2.1 the RETURN URL and IPN URL are sent to Paypal from cart to support multiple stores, thus the URLs in PayPal account defiined are not so important however required to allow PayPal features!  

How and when is this done? (I have V4.3) I can't enable these function in PayPal without the URL's and they show disabled in my PP profile.

Thank You to anyone that could shine some light on these issues or point me to another source of information.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The URLS that CubeCart sends will override what is setup in your PayPal Account.   It's just a requirement that you must have something configured in your PayPal Account first in order for things to work.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

11thhour
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, are you saying I should just make up URL's to use in PayPal to enable the features?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Yes, you have to have a URL in your Account Profile first.   Then what ever is configured on your end will override what is setup in your Account Profile.   If nothing is setup on your end, then what is in your Account Profile takes priority.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.