PayPal Payment Holds/FundsAvailability Policy - does it only apply to ebay?

Intranetusa
Contributor
Contributor

For the PayPal Payment Holds or the FundsAvailability Policy - which I assume are similar,

does the transaction need to be over ebay for it to occur, or can it be over direct paypal-to-paypal transactions?

I've heard a person here say it only applies to ebay. But I'm reading the policy statement, and it implies it also applies to non-ebay transactions.

"When do payment holds apply?

Payment holds may be applied to some or all transactions in your account. Here are some common reasons for holding payments:

• You have limited history or selling activity with eBay and PayPal
  • You have an eBay feedback score of less than 100 or received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months, and do not have a record of good performance
  • If you have low Detailed Seller Ratings or other indication of below standard performance on eBay
  • You have a high rate of customer disputes, claims or chargebacks
  • You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as, but not limited to, tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or cell phones
  • Your payment activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity or you started selling in a new category without an established history in that category
  • The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate

When does PayPal release the payment?

Payments will be held in a pending balance for a certain time period. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for the specified amount of time. After the hold is released, the money will be available for withdrawal.

The money may be released sooner if:

1. We can confirm that the item was delivered**
  2. Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)"
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

The specific 21-day hold is an ebay/paypal creature.

However, Paypal may implement a hold on other transactions anytime it thinks there's a reason to.

Login to Me Too

Intranetusa
Contributor
Contributor

ah I see, so it's up to them to decide whether they want to hold it or not.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.